Your Adults-Only Guide to the Halloween Party, treats, merchandise, and more at Disneyland and California Adventure!
Halloween Time is one of the most fun experiences available at the Disneyland Resort. With festive spooks and thrills, it gives a whole new look and feel to the Happiest Place on Earth. Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort definitely isn’t just for kids.
Thanks to my friends at Get Away Today, I got the inside scoop on what’s happening during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. From frightful foods and reimagined rides to costumed characters and more, there is so much to taste, see and do for adults during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort.
And we’re giving this guide a bit of a spin! I want to inspire adults to venture out to Disneyland whether you have a little one or not. There’s plenty to do for adults at Disneyland and we’re here to convince you to get yourself to the parks and have a good time!
But first, a free gift for you!
When does Halloween time start for Disneyland and California Adventure?
At Disneyland, Halloween time kicks off September 6, 2019. This is the earliest start date yet, so you have even more time to experience all the limited-time frights. Halloween Time decor, food, merchandise and events will conclude October 31, 2019.
5 Things to Do for Adults at Disneyland’s Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party
During Halloween Time, there is an all new separately-ticketed event called Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. This party is hosted select Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights beginning September 17, 2019. Located in Disney California Adventure Park, the Oogie Boogie Bash features special Halloween Time fun such as the following:
- Villainous! – Temporary overlay to the nighttime water show World of Color.
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat – Live show in Hollywoodland’s Disney Theater.
- Villains Grove – Candle-lit trail in Grizzly Peak featuring villains and frightening fauna.
- Treat Trails – Trails throughout the Park will offer villain sightings and treats you can gather up.
- Frightfully Fun Parade – The Headless Horseman leads Mickey and friends (and villains!) through the streets in their Halloween costumes.
Tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash can be purchased directly from Disney, and some nights are already sold out. So hurry and get your friends together to plan your adults-only trip to experience Oogie Boogie Bash!
5 Things to Do for Adults During Halloween at California Adventure Park
Throughout Disney California Adventure, you’ll find Halloween Time fun that’s open to everyone. In addition to seasonal decor, look for the following:
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Overlay – Each evening, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! transforms into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. This thrill ride will feature a temporary Halloween-inspired overlay in which Rocket attempts to rescue Groot. Join him as the Collector’s Fortress is overrun with monsters!
- Radiator Springs Overlay – The entire town of Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams during Halloween Time. Cars Characters will be costumed and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-o-Ween, while Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree.
- Carthay Circle Bats – The bell tower gets a makeover in the form of a giant swirl of bats! The nocturnal creatures give the tower a whole new look.
- Headless Horseman Statue – Look for this Legend of Sleepy Hollow character in the Park during Halloween Time, both as a statue and a Disney Character
- Disney Villains – In addition to Characters such as the Headless Horseman, other villains can be found roaming the Park. Dr. Facilier, Scar, Oogie Boogie and more can usually be found. Use the Disneyland app to pinpoint location and times.
There are additional attractions to be found throughout Disney California Adventure Park, and we highlight some of the most popular for your adults-only trip!
3 Things to Do for Adults During Halloween at Disneyland Park
In Disneyland Park, you find the streets transformed with decor and more during Halloween Time.
- Main Street, U.S.A. Pumpkin Festival – Stroll the street and take in the multitude of carved pumpkins. But keep in mind they’re probably watching you right back!
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – Jack Skellington is the Pumpkin King, and he is your host at the Haunted Mansion during Halloween Time. He and other The Nightmare Before Christmas Characters are found in this attraction.
- Halloween Screams – This firework show will light up the sky over Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. Featuring Jack Skellington, Zero, Maleficent, Ursula and more, the show will wow with projections, pyrotechnics and music. Use the Disneyland app for showtimes.
The Parks truly transform in the evenings, so you and your friends can experience rides and attractions in a whole new light.
12 Can’t-Miss Halloween Souvenirs at Disneyland in 2019
Halloween merchandise is always changing and offering memorable ways to bring some of the spook-tacular magic of Disney home. Look for some of the following, and so much more, during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort:
- Leashed Zero dogs and other The Nightmare Before Christmas plushes
- Souvenir sippers and popcorn buckets featuring Oogie Boogie
- Maleficent snow globes
- Halloween-themed apparel (inspired by the likes of Cruella De Vil, Captain Hook and more)
- Glowing jack-o-lantern keychains
- Light up jack-o-lantern hats
- Jack-o-lantern backpacks
- Candy corn backpacks
- Maleficent backpacks
- Witch-themed Minnie Ears
- Dia de los Muertos ears
- Light up spinners
9 Decadent Halloween Treats to Eat at Disneyland in 2019
Looking for evil eats during Halloween Time? Whether you attend Oogie Boogie Bash or simply roam the Parks, you’ll find them!
- Oogie Boogie Drink – with glowing cube dice keepsake: Hollywood Lounge in Disney California Adventure
- Oogie Boogie Funnel Cake Fries: Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure
- Mummy Donut: Schmoozies! in Disney California Adventure
- Minnie Mouse Witch Shake: Schmoozies! In Disney California Adventure
- Halloween Churro: Cozy Cone Motel in Disney California Adventure
- Cruella De Vil Brownie: Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland
- Graveyard Cupcake: Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland
- Hades Hot Dog: Refreshment Corner in Disneyland
- Maleficent Churro: Churro cart in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle
More Spooky Fun: Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour
Get a little extra excitement on the Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour. This optional, 2.5 hour guided tour is a separately-ticketed event during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, and it’s your chance to go behind the magic and explore ghost stories and park legends. You may even have an encounter with poltergeists, pranksters and one of the most familiar faces from the Haunted Mansion. You can even meet some of the people responsible for creating some of the dastardly characters we all love. You can book Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour directly through Disney.
Book Your Spooky Halloween Trip with Get Away Today!
In order to experience all Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort has to offer, you can book 5-day Disneyland tickets with Get Away Today for the price of just 4 days. This will give you plenty of time on your adults-only trip to experience everything Halloween Time at Disneyland has to offer.
Plus, you can combine this ticket offer with Extra Night Free specials at select hotels near Disneyland. And don’t forget, guests who book vacation packages with Get Away Today can enjoy exclusive perks such as free breakfast and parking at their hotel, and printable coupons to use on their Disneyland vacation.
Find all discount Disneyland packages at www.getawaytoday.com Let them know Theme Parks for Grown-Ups sent you, and use code ThemeParks10 for an additional $10 in savings when you book a Southern California vacation package.
Heading to Disney World in Orlando for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
I’ve got a plan for that too! Click here or the image below to get your FREE Halloween Party Itinerary and get your planning started!
You can also head to my article: How to Get Your Money’s Worth at Mickey’s Not Scary Halloween Party 2019
Don’t lose these tips!
Hover over the Pinterest “P” and pin this post to your favorite board!