Pumpkin Spice Mickey waffle sundae
P.S. This post may contain affiliate or referral links to products I love. I get a small portion of the amount, but it doesn’t cost you a penny extra. Don’t worry, I only endorse things I truly believe in! Terms & Conditions
The Pumpkin Spice Waffle is a favorite at the Christmas Party. If you can’t make it to the parks this season, this treat will help ease the pain a bit. I’m also one of those people who really get into the pumpkin spiced trend.
Call me basic! I don’t care because this recreation of the popular dessert from Disney World makes me and other Disney fans feel right at home. Also, someone who doesn’t have a lot of time on her hands, like most others, I wanted it to find a simple way to enjoy it.
I tried some recipes and instant mixes, but rumor has it that the waffle mix I ended up using is the actual waffle mix they use in the parks. Can’t get much more authentic than that!
It’s a simple recipe you can make with kids or on Christmas morning without it being a stressful activity. If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can make a pancake version instead. But, if you’re in the market for one, the mini Mickey waffle maker I got from Amazon worked really well. Make it an event and pair this festive sweet with one of a Disney holiday movie.
- Mickey Waffle Maker (or use your own!)
- Pumpkin Spice Waffle Batter
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Holiday Sprinkles
1) Make the Waffles: You have a couple of choices here, ranging from super simple instant mix to baking from scratch. Carbon’s Golden Malted Waffle and Pancake Flour is my favorite because it’s the brand Disney uses. If the pumpkin spice mix is not available then use the regular Carbon’s Waffle or Pancake Flour and add the ingredients below.
You can also use an instant pumpkin spice waffle or pancake mix found at most stores like Target or Williams Sonoma.
To make the regular Carbon’s Waffle Mix taste like the holiday season add these ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- A dash or two of Allspice
- 1/4 cup of sugar
2) Ice Cream: Vanilla Bean is the flavor they use at the parties, but feel free to get creative here. Try flavors that compliment the spices like chocolate or coffee ice cream. Can’t go wrong with ice cream!
3) Sprinkles: Wilton’s Holiday Sprinkles is the classic brand that Disney uses and it’s pretty cheap on Amazon. I bought the combination pack with 6 different types of sprinkles and used the confetti and trees for the ice cream. Save the rest for sugar cookie decorations!
4) Sifted Powdered Sugar: Obviously any brand will do here. You can also top off your creation with some cinnamon and cardamom to make it extra pumpkin spice-y!
Mickey Waffle Maker Review: I found the waffle maker on Amazon for only 15.00, so I bought it on an impulse. Mickey did not disappoint. The waffles are thick, fluffy, and evenly baked. It only takes about 5 minutes to make a waffle too! I was wary at first, but I liked it even more than my heavy-duty Oster waffle maker. I am unapologetically endorsing this highly important kitchen appliance. 😉
Well, there it is! You’re very own slice of Disney all wrapped up in holiday goodness. Snuggle up with a blanket and a friend, turn on A Muppet Christmas Carol, and have at it! Go crazy and grab a pumpkin spiced eggnog while you’re enjoying it. Happy holidays, everyone!